Saturday, August 10, 2013

You are beautiful

There is no body type you have to have to be a cheerleader. I am 5"5' and my weight ranges from 145 to  155. I have a huge butt, a bit of a tummy, and thunder thighs. I was still cheer captain. My co-captain was almost 6 foot tall, skinny, and all legs. She backed and I based. We had a short chubby girl fly one season. We also had flyers who were 5 foot 2 and 110 pounds. My point is that just because you aren't a short skinny girl doesn't mean that you can't cheer. Cheerleaders come in all shapes and sizes. We are not all alike like the media portrays us to be. We are each unique, special, and beautiful. The squad needs all types of girls. Don't think that just because you don't have a model's body mean that you can't cheer. If I can do it I know you can too. Just prove yourself and your skills and leave it all out on the mat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment