Friday, September 20, 2013

I Think I'm Going To Do It

After not cheering for 2 years, I have decided that I just can't NOT cheer ever again. I want to start up cheer lessons in my community because this isn't offered in my area. The closest cheer gym is almost 40 miles away. I live in a relatively poor community that can't afford costs of cheer and travel. I want to offer these lessons to give young girls the basics they need to go on to cheer competitively or in high school. These lessons will help the high school squad in the long run because the coach will not have to spend time teaching the basics at the beginning of the season and can get started on learning material. This post is generally going to be me working out the logistics of what I need to do to get this started. Its not a final draft of what I will do, but rather getting my thoughts out.

Location: See if I can use the high school gym, or talk to a church if the high school is not available.

People to talk to: Talk to high school and junior high coaches. Learn what they want the girls to know for their squad and integrate it into the program, talk to school administration for permission to use high school, church board for a church.

Certification: Get certification to have a business, become certified to coach cheer, stunting, and tumbling

Curriculum: Develop a plan of progression. Follow rules set forth by the AACCA or USASF. Youth Recreational Cheer does not have set rules.

Advertising: Facebook page for community, flyers in gas stations, grocery stores, day cares, Twitter for high school

Fees: $20 a session (2-hours), $30 administration fee

Waver: Have parents sign waver saying I am not liable for injuries. Kids must have medical insurance and a physical on file

Ages: 6- 18. General beginner cheer lessons to start with.

Is there anything else I didn't think of??

No comments:

Post a Comment